POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : newbie 3D arrows and ornate picture frames : newbie 3D arrows and ornate picture frames Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  newbie 3D arrows and ornate picture frames
From: Mutley2003
Date: 30 Oct 2004 04:25:00
Message: <web.41834eb249fa51a78b7cb52f0@news.povray.org>
my first post .. I am keen on povray because I can, potentially at least,
program what I want .

I have two things I want to accomplish

* 3D arrows, bent and wobbly and "cute". With a bit of "character". I
thought maybe I could try Chris Colefax's bender, but I can't even get a
basic arrow going . should I start with a cone for the head and a cylinder
for the shaft? how about different "slopes" on the base of the cone and the
side?

Some starter code would be nice .. I am having trouble visualizing/guessing
the function calls I need, let alone the appropriate arguments (size and
location etc)

* ornate picture frames, like you might see in an art gallery. I got as far
as thinking one might make some basic material with a routed or molded
profile, and then cut it at 45 degree angles and fold it - just like you
would do if you were woodworking - but I have not the foggiest notion of
how to write this code.

Again, if someone can help me here .. I think I can probably make progress
on my own once I get a basic framework.

thankyou